Reba Video

Reba Video

Urukundo

Ibyamamare: Uwineza Josiane a.k.a Miss Jojo

Miss Jojo
My real names are Uwineza Josiane with stage name MISS JOJO, and I was born on the 30th of June 1982 at Nyamata, in Bugesera.

I am the only born of my family and I grew up in Kigali, Nyamirambo. My dad died when I was only 6 months, and my mum went away also when I was 12, that was during the Genocide of 1994. I studied from APE, Camp Kigali and Bujumbura in the primary studies, to St Aloys, ESP Zaza and Ste Bernadette in the secondary schools now I graduated from the National University of Rwanda, and detain a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature.

I live with my uncle in Gikondo, Kigali. I am now doing music as a carrier, and though I am still on my very beginning, I enjoy some public appreciation.

I have a background based on a wide experience on performing arts such as traditional and contemporary dance, and my love of music made me exercise it along these last year. In my music, I am looking forward to develop a new style which combines the international rhythms and the Rwandan lifestyle which we find in the purely Rwandan language, rhythm and context.

I remember that, when I was a kid, I used to tell my mama that I was going to be a singer. I was a crazy of music and I could dance to all the rhythms : Kinyarwanda traditional, Congolese music, American and occidental music, and so on.

Everyone appreciated my moves, and they all knew that I could dance anywhere, and to any music. They liked it.My mama liked that music in me, and she even took me to a traditional dancing troop called Abatangampundu. I was around 6 years old. She also appreciated that sense of music in me, but she did not like the ambition to become a singer. She used to say : You know what ? Female artists are often loose women, and they easily become prostitutes and women of pleasure. So, let yourself become a big woman… be a doctor or a minister, it is better that a singer.

Now Here I am still building the ground for this new style, and this helps me to be more experienced in music. This is because music is an art which needs much practice and experience. Some fortunate musicians who are now highly considered spent some time in schools and trainings, to make their music grow up. Because in Rwanda we do not have such a training school or any other studying facility for musicians, I take my time and instruct myself with experience. This first album is made in the rhythms of the world music, but my hope is to develop a music which has visible colors of the Rwandan art.

My debut album is Itangiriro (Genesis), launched in late 2008.

Related Posts by Categories



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário